Pennsylvania Career Colleges and Schools: 2013 Key Outcome Statistics
December 2014 Update
*2014 Election Result Update
*Leadership Changes in the State General Assembly
*Contact Your Federal Elected Officials
*Update Your School Profile
There are no workshops scheduled at this time.
PAPSA Regional Meetings
There are no regional meetings scheduled at this time.
PAPSA 2015 Conference
July 22-23, 2015
Sheraton Four Points, Cranberry, PA
2015 PAPSA Awards
The Pennsylvania Association of Private School Administrators (PAPSA) represents the more than 320 private career colleges and schools in the Commonwealth before the legislature, state agencies and professional associations. PAPSA is the only association representing all for-profit colleges and schools in Pennsylvania. With over 150 school members, PAPSA is the unified voice of quality career school education.
Over the past few years, PAPSA has:
- Assisted in the passage of a new cosmetology law that is supportive of schools and students;
- Begun the PAPSA Management Institute to develop new school directors;
- Created the Student Educational Assistance Foundation (SEAF) to provide needs-based education grants to career college and school students;
- Promoted sector education through the PAPSA Website, CHOICES Directory, interactive CD, career brochures and the career school performance report - "Outcomes and Results";
- Developed with USDE, the Region I - III Financial Aid Workshop each April, strictly for career colleges and schools;
- Provided over 15 professional development programs each year for faculty, student services staff, directors and admissions personnel.
This year, PAPSA is working on:
- Lobbying to increase PHEAA State Grants and funding from 3 % to 10%;
- Ensuring that the massage therapy licensure bill protects our students;
- Including career school students in pharmacy technician licensure;
- Blocking the licensure of dental assistants because of onerous certification requirements;
- Expanding high quality professional development programs across Pennsylvania;
- Lobbying to get the Cohort Default Rate third year tracking eliminated from the Higher Education Act in Washington;
- Working to ensure that the new comprehensive cosmetology regulations are not harmful to our students and schools;
PAPSA, as a statewide organization, represents the combined strength of more than 150 career colleges and schools. Members' voices and interests are heard at all levels of government. The face of PAPSA members is defined for policymakers and the public.
PAPSA membership is based on payment of annual dues calculated on a sliding scale tied to gross tuition.
For information about how to join PAPSA, contact Richard Dumaresq, Executive Director.
As a member of PAPSA, your school benefits in many ways:
- Testimony before state legislative committees on pending legislation
- Organization lobbying efforts on behalf of career colleges and schools
- Representation of our interests before state agencies, regulatory boards and commissions
- Contact with Congressional representatives and committees as well as federal agencies
Training Seminars, Workshops and Conferences
- Faculty development workshops featuring nationally recognized presenters
- Seminars on job specific skills for Owners, Admissions reps, Financial Aid Officers and other professional personnel
- Participation in the Management Training Institute for the development of senior administrative personnel
- Annual statewide PAPSA Conference for all career colleges and schools
- Monthly PAPSA Update on activities and information about career colleges and schools
- Special reports about new data, trends and directions in career education
- Inclusion in the CHOICES directory, a listing of all PAPSA members and education programs
- Inclusion on the PAPSA Website
- Availability of school bonding through the Pennsylvania Training Assurance Fund (PTAF)
- Participation in a third-party grant program, the Student Educational Assistance Fund (SEAF)
- Opportunities to network with other career colleges and schools
- Regional and common interest meetings for PAPSA members